Talk about me behind my back! Just not on this page.
- Be dudeish to each other!
- Bit 6 of $D730 on, dudes!
Yeah, I feel it's debatable. On one hand, these could be seen as 'important' concepts, or capitalising all words makes it stand out. On the other hand, "Glitches", "Generation", etc. are not proper nouns(?).
I think in terms of Egg, I changed it to suit patterns in the games (based on SnorlaxMonster's capitalisation article on Bulbapedia). However, I've noticed for instance, "trainer" may be uncapitalised in the original generations (e.g. "Yo! You can't jam out if you're a POKéMON trainer!") but capitalised (as "Trainer") in later generations, so this is not set in stone, and it's not an impossibility that say when Generation VIII comes out, it is uncapitalised again. Not sure what to do then, sorry. Thoughts? --Torchickens (talk) 07:57, 22 February 2019 (-06)
- Bulbapedia was responsible for my younger self's general perception of what to capitalize and what not to, but my days of regularly browsing there were in the early 2000s, so their standards have no doubt changed in some way or another since then, assuming I remembered correctly to begin with. I think if there's any standard for it that this wiki should follow, it should at least be close to that, as they're good at setting down clear rules for that. Also, their current guide reads:
- "All unofficial terms are lowercase by default, with the exception of the names of generations. While the term "generation" is uncapitalized, specific generation names (e.g. Generation II) are."
- So, that would make lowercase correct here. ...Although, with this wiki being solely about "unofficial" ways to play the game, maybe we should make our own guide. Thoughts again? Sherkel (talk) 12:12, 22 February 2019 (-06)