|Please note that this glitch only exists in the Japanese versions of the game, or is otherwise a glitch from a Pokémon game which was only released in Japan.
A player receiving the 'Would you like to SURF?' message after performing the Japan exclusive Surf on land glitch.
This glitch is not to be confused with other surfing glitches such as the Surf through Elite Four door glitch.
Surf on land is a glitch in the Japanese versions of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.
When used correctly, the game will perform the move Surf when the player is not facing a surface of water. As a result, the player may surf on land until he or she uses the move Fly or Teleport, uses the move surf again on an actual surface of water, or enters a building.
The cause may be caused by the game momentarily considering the player as facing up or down after performing the bunny hop.
This glitch (as of now) is known to work anywhere where water is present, but the most popular method involves Route 118.
- The player should travel eastwards to the beach.
- He or she should ride the Acro Bike and travel one step west of the eastmost rock.
- The player should use the right button on the directional pad to face eastwards.
- If the player performs a bunny-hop downwards and immediately presses the A-button, he or she may receive the 'Would you like to SURF?' message.
Entering Fortree Gym without the Devon Scope
- Main article: Enter Fortree Gym without the Devon Scope glitch