An image or multiple images in this article are of poor quality and need replacing.
If possible, please reupload the image(s) at emulator quality, without changing the emulator's resolution. An image from a capture card would also be an improvement to an image taken from a camera.
A Grimer under the effects of the Sticky Hold glitch.
The Sticky Hold glitch is a glitch which only exists in Generation III.[clarification needed] When performed correctly, the sprite of the enemy Pokémon will remain on the screen with a slightly different palette, even when the next Pokémon is sent out.
- A Pokémon with no item and one of the moves Thief or Covet.
- An enemy Pokémon with an item and the Sticky Hold ability.
- A Pokémon which is strong enough to take down the enemy Pokémon in one hit.
- Access to a trainer battle.
- The player must enter a trainer battle, preferably with the Pokémon with Thief or Covet first in their party.
- Defeat any previous Pokémon if any until the opponent Pokémon with Sticky Hold and an item is sent out.
- Defeat the opponent Pokémon in one hit by using either Thief or Covet, note that the player's Pokémon needs to have no item.
- When the opponent Pokémon faints, its sprite will remain on the screen until the battle ends but with a different palette.