The Sky Pillar glitch is a minor glitch in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Pokémon Emerald.
In Sky Pillar, after the player falls through a hole in the floor from a certain crack in the ground, they will land on top of a rock on the floor below. The player is not intended to be able to stand on a rock.
- Access to the Sky Pillar (requires entering the Hall of Fame in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire).
- If playing Pokémon Emerald, make sure that Rayquaza was awakened, so that cracks in the ground start to appear in the Sky Pillar.
- The Mach Bike. If the player has the Acro Bike, they can change it by talking to Rydel in Mauville City's bike shop Rydel's Cycles.
- A Pokémon knowing the move Surf.
The player may also want Repels and a Pokémon in the first position of the party at a level higher than 50 (Ruby and Sapphire) or 38 (Emerald) to avoid encounters with Pokémon on the first floor and outside of the Sky Pillar. There are no encounters on the Sky Pillar's second floor.
- Enter the Sky Pillar, by entering the cave that leads to it on Route 131. This requires Surf.
- Go to the second floor (the first floor with fragile floor tiles).
- Land in the tile in the picture below (left). It is the top-left tile in the fourth group of cracked floor tiles.
Step on the fragile floor tile that Brendan is facing.
The player will land on a rock on the first floor.
The rock does not trap the player, as they can just step off it.