(↑ Back to the MetascriptDex index)
What the screen may look like when viewing a Pokémon summary on the meta-map script 0x07 trade screen
This article details various glitch meta-map scripts on Route 10 in Pokémon Red and Blue.
The script is controlled by memory address D605.
Tested at y=0x47, x=0x09 (first tile of route directly above sign against the raised rocks)
- 0x03, 0x04: A Trainer approach theme may play once and walking lag may occur. Meta-map script is advanced to 0x05 (for 0x03) or 0x06 (for 0x04).
- 0x05, 0x06, 0x08: Walking lag may occur. Walking up a distance may cause NPC sprites to disappear.
- 0x07: Trainer approach theme may play for a very short time, but then the Game Corner theme. A link-up trade screen is initiated, but it is impossible to see (however can be viewed using an emulator's VRAM viewer). However, it is possible to choose to display the summaries of Pokémon and listen to their cries. The Pokémon on the list on the user's side may be the player's party Pokémon.
- 0x09, 0x0B: Game Corner music plays like in 0x07, but unlike 0x07 it may not be possible to do anything else
- 0x0E, 0x14: Arbitrary code execution at region D7D1 in WRAM
- 0x0F: Glitch audio may play. Additionally the sound bank is changed, from 0x02 to 0x1F, allowing some different glitch music to possibly play such as the cycling theme.
- 0x10: Game may lock up, with music still playing but all buttons disabled
- 0x11, 0x12: May cause glitch audio to play and cause walking lag
|This article or section is a stub. You can help Glitch City Laboratories wiki by expanding it.