(↑ Back to the MetascriptDex index)
Beginning of effects of meta-map script 0x14
This article details various glitch meta-map scripts on Route 9 in Pokémon Red and Blue.
The script is controlled by memory address D604.
Tested one step east of Cerulean City's east boundary (north-most position of path) leading to the Cut tree (y=0x08, x=0x00):
- 0x03: Causes glitch audio to play. Unknown whether the player character can walk
- 0x04: Causes glitch audio to play. Can walk but with walking lag
- 0x05, 0x06: May soft-lock the game with the music still playing. Cannot use the d-pad or open the Start menu
- 0x07: Walking lag/glitch audio, which appears to vary based on player's position on the map
- 0x0B: A Trainer approach theme may play just once. Meta-map script changes to 0x00 afterwards.
- 0x0C: Arbitrary code execution at region F808 in Echo RAM (a copy of D808 in WRAM)
- 0x0F, 0x15: Arbitrary code execution at region D7CF in WRAM
- 0x14: Screen may fade out to white, but the music still plays and it is still possible to walk around. Each time the player closes the Start menu (which is not affected by the fade to white), the player character's sprite may be only partially faded out.
|This article or section is a stub. You can help Glitch City Laboratories wiki by expanding it.