|This glitch is for a home console Pokémon game.
The control-stick neutral position glitch affects Nintendo GameCube games.
If the player turns the power of the console on while tilting the control-stick in a certain direction, or disconnects the controller and re-connects it with the control-stick tilted in a certain position, the game will act like that position is always held down, until the problem is fixed.
This hardware problem is acknowledged by Nintendo.
How to solve the problem
- Turn the system off and back on, without touching the control stick.
- Press the X, Y, and Start buttons simultaneously for three seconds during gameplay, making sure to not touch the control stick.
- Unplug the game controller and reconnect it again while the system is on, without touching the control stick.
- In Pokémon Colosseum, the control-stick neutral position problem has been exploited to have Wes continuously walk down, and have the game automatically pull off the cliff glitch. This makes the process of purifying Shadow Pokémon and raising Pokémon in the Day Care easier.
- In Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, the 'whirlpool room' on Citadark Isle apparently has multiple corners that allow the player to walk continuously.
- In Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, with an Acro Bike, it is possible to face a mudslide and continually go up, which makes it easier to hatch eggs. Note that a Game Boy Player is necessary in this case.