Bunny hopping in the grass
|Please note that this glitch only exists in the Japanese versions of the game, or is otherwise a glitch from a Pokémon game which was only released in Japan.
The Acro Bike instability glitches occur only in the Japanese versions of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.
If you do a bunny hop via the Acro Bike (by holding down B) in a patch of grass (Route 117 and Mt. Pyre confirmed) for a certain amount of time, then the game will lockup (that is; the game freezes but the music still plays and the clouds in Mt. Pyre still move) before a battle begins. This glitch was fixed in the North American version.
By using the Repel trick you can lower the chances of getting a wild Pokémon. In Route 117, Pokémon in the grass range from level 13-14, so you can use a Max Repel with a level 14 Pokémon in the first position of the party there.
When you continue bunny hopping on the Acro Bike in grass, after a while, slowdown may occur, and the following glitches are accessible:
1) Tile corruption
2) The ability to return the ground after using the Surf field move before you can see the player on water.
3) The ability to return to the ground after using the Surf field move, and then the 'black screen portion' animation continuing. Try to make the surfing message appear, say no, then get it to appear again immediately after the next bunny hop. (harder than #2)
3a) Opening the start menu glitches up this animation, removing most of the black background and seemingly making the start menu itself move across the screen. Closing and opening it again removes the 'white bars' and its surrounding blackness.
3b) Using Surf or Rock Smash with the black screen portion animation causes the game to freeze with a bad noise, like removing the cartridge.
4) Being able to move forward in the water so that it looks like the player is sitting on the water rather than riding a Pokémon.
- G-Mizuka, unknown? (documentation)
- ChickasaurusGL (article text)